Friday, June 22, 2012

one thing leads to another... and another

an utterly pointless, yet utterly darling floral pic 

so to start, i thought i'd just mention that i have indeed still misplaced my camera.  i've been mentally retracing my steps,trying to remember when i last used it, but my brain isn't co-operating with me.  i'm pretty sure i haven't lost it out and about, or that it's been stolen...  no,no.  i think it's in my house somewhere.  

which leads me to...
my super messy house.  i'm not the tidiest of people on a day to day basis.  sure, i can tidy my house with only an hour or less notice if someone is coming around to visit.  pretty well too!  but daily it seems i can live in a comfortable mess.  
but my house at the moment is terrible.  because i don't have a sewing room, my dining table is currently being used as a sewing table, the surrounding floor and chairs have stacks of fabric on them, my ironing board for said sewing is in my lounge (the closest available power point), the ironing board has finished sewing projects on them, my couch is covered in things to go into ollie's room (and mine) and i have my old tv sitting next to one of my lounge chairs while i figure out what to do with it.  all of this is not including ollie's toys and debris.  even i am embarrassed.

which leads me to...
what i have just been doing.  i thought i'd get stuck in and start with today's dishes.  after that, i wiped the benches.  then i noticed a patch on the walls were a bit grubby.  before i knew it i had scrubbed my kitchen window sill, the walls, all of the cupboard doors, my oven, the fridge and the benches.  i even got out the cotton buds to get into the hard to reach spots.

did i need to clean my kitchen this much?  probably
did i need to do this before the rest of my house got tidied?  definitely not
am i too pooped to do any other housework tonight?  i think so

but boy, oh, boy my kitchen looks lovely.
if only i could find my camera to take a pic of it...

amy xx  

7 comments:

  1. I could have written this post myself - well, up until the bit where you cleaned your kitchen! I also am comfortable in a bit of mess, especially when most of it is piles of fabric and works in progress. But yes sometimes the urge to clean grabs me, and it is often not the most urgent bit that gets done first, but it's so satisfying to get one whole room done. Hopefully the next room you pick to blitz will be the one where your camera is lurking! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i hope so too! it's so nice to know other people live in a bit of mess... i'm not the only one! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, yep nothing like crafty chaos! Geuss what I found at the bottom of a bag of clothes given to us today... some groovey pants for Tobin with the label.....kin! Where/how do you get your labels printed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh what are the pants like? where they did they come from? I don't make many clothes for kids, and the ones I do make have been for ollie, so no fancy overlocking stitches (if any at all...) apologies now if they fall apart! I get my labels made from a company overseas, they are pretty awesome to deal with. I'll email you via your blog email details once i've remembered the company name! amy

      Delete
  4. Ah yes, my house is often a complete clutter. I don't often get any serious cleaning done though.. specially not these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can't imagine why not rhiannon...! i need to take a leaf from your book and systematically clear out a certain number of things from each room in my house..

      Delete
  5. Gigi Amy, thanks for visiting my blog, you have some lovely fabrics, I will keep popping back to see what else you have stashed in one of your cupboards! Love the one on your title! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete